Visitors can be good medicine for patients, and family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, patient care and their well being are our primary concern at Marshalltown Medical and Surgical Center. To enhance the quality of care, specific hours have been established.
Visiting hours for most hospital units are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day. There are exceptions to these times in the Intensive Care Unit and Women's Care Center.
If you are visiting a patient who is being treated in ICU, there is open visiting to immediate family 24 hours a day. Please use the door bell and intercom outside the ICU doors to check with the nursing staff, prior to entering the unit.
If you wish to visit in the Women's Care Center, the Identified Designated Visitor is welcome anytime. Open visiting for the rest of family and friends is from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Children may visit patients on most floors and special units. However, we ask that children who are younger than 14 be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for the child's behavior. We ask that children stay in a patient's room or lounge throughout their visit.
Staying over night
If you wish to stay with your loved one overnight, please discuss this with the nursing staff so arrangements can be made.
- MMSC is a Tobacco-Free Campus. This affects both our indoor and outdoor properties. MMSC is dedicated to providing a smoke-free environment for all patients, employees, visitors and staff. This policy complies with state law.
- Visitors must be dressed appropriately and must wear shirt and shoes.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious disease should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the physician or nurse needs to see the patient.
There are specially designated lounge areas for visitors on each patient floor and on the first floor in the Family Room and Lobby. Specific waiting areas have been designated for families of patients in the Intensive Care Unit and Emergency Department.
An MMSC Volunteer is on duty in the Family Room Monday-Friday 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The MMSC Volunteer is there to assist families that are waiting in this area during their family member's surgery.
The MMSC Volunteer on duty keeps family members informed about the progress of the surgery and the patient's condition
Powered by BDH Technology