At Marshalltown Medical & Surgical Center , we value family-centered care and the dignity of the individual. We believe that visits from family members and friends play an important role in the healing process. We also believe that rest is important and that all patients deserve a quiet and private recovery period. Designated visiting hours and policies provide an effective mechanism to support these goals.
Regular Visiting Hours
Visiting hours for most hospital units are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day. There are exceptions to these times in the Intensive Care Unit and Women's Care Center.
If you are visiting a patient who is being treated in ICU, there is open visiting to immediate family 24 hours a day. Please use the door bell and intercom outside the ICU doors to check with the nursing staff, prior to entering the unit.
If you wish to visit in the Women's Care Center, the Identified Designated Visitor is welcome anytime. Open visiting for the rest of family and friends is from 11a.m. to 8 p.m.
Children may visit patients on most floors and special units. However, we ask that children who are younger than 14 be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for the child's behavior. We ask that children stay in a patient's room or lounge throughout their visit.
Staying over night
If you wish to stay with your loved one overnight, please discuss this with the nursing staff so arrangements can be made.
- MMSC is a Tobacco-Free Campus. This affects both our indoor and outdoor properties. MMSC is dedicated to providing a smoke-free environment for all patients, employees, visitors and staff. This policy complies with state law.
- Visitors must be dressed appropriately and must wear shirt and shoes.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious disease should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the physician or nurse needs to see the patient.
We value and need any feedback from our patients and their visitors. You will be provided an opportunity to complete a survey when you are discharged from our care. Please give us your thoughts on how to improve the care provided and any positive comments you have on the staff and hospital. These surveys will be mailed to you. We appreciate the time you take completing this survey.
Powered by BDH Technology